On 29-09-2012 06:06, Tommi wrote:
So, these would be the new rules we'd give to the compiler:

1) See if you can compile the code exactly the way you've been doing it
thus far. If it compiles, great, we're done.

2) Else, if there are undefined identifiers that are passed to places
where named enum variables are expected, try to see if prefixing those
identifier names with the expected enum type name (plus a dot) would
make the code compile.

This wouldn't break any existing code, and to me the rule seems
intuitive enough.

It's an awful lot of magic (it's not as easy in the implementation as it sounds like) for questionable gain when we have the with statement IMO.

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
a...@lycus.org