On Thursday, 4 October 2012 at 04:30:56 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

Changing the name would just generate more confusion, and if we were to change it for a hypothetical D3, it would be even worse than changing it now, because by then, way more people would be familiar with the term range. You wouldn't start using a new term for iterators just because you managed to find a term which was ostentsibly better would you? That would just confuse people to no end. And even if it's not that way with ranges quite yet, it'll be close enough by the time we even consider creating a new version of the language.

That's a good point. I guess that train has passed then.