On 2012-10-11 06:52:24 +0000, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> said:

I didn't have any luck with this in the learn newsgroup so I'm trying here.

I'm trying to debug the Mac OS X port of DWT. Almost as soon as a DWT application starts to process events I receive a segmentation fault. The error happens in the "objc_msgSend" C function when calling an Objective-C method.

Most likely, the object objc_msgSend is called on has been deallocated, which would mean that windowSendEvent is called with a deallocated NSWindow object as its first argument.

I don't know how DWT works, but I'd say there's something amiss with how DWT is retaining its NSWindow.

Since you're on OS X, I'd suggest you try using Instruments to track the reference counters of all Objective-C objects within your program until it crashes, then search back the history for all retain/release/autorelease calls made to the address the EXEC_BAD_ACCESS happens on.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.ca