On Monday, 15 October 2012 at 17:05:00 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I've been talking to Iain Buclaw, gdc's leader, and was surprised to learn he has a quite workable ARM port available. To make it production-ready, we should have some continuous test integration, which entails ssh access to an ARM/Debian account.

Is there anyone on this list who'd want to donate such an account?

I recently got an ODROID-X (4x1.4 GHz Cortex A9, 1GB RAM) for a very similar purpose, i.e. running the LDC test suite on ARM. It's fast enough that working on compiler development without resorting to cross-compiling is actually somewhat fun, but I didn't get around to set it up it yet – we are cleaning things up for an actual x86/x86_64 release right now, as some distros seem to decisively prefer packaging releases instead of Git revisions.

It would likely be always on, albeit behind a somewhat broken router, so you'd have to use a VPN for outside access. Also, I'm not quite sure how the tiny box would handle the pressure from both GDC and LDC.

Anyway, Iain, if the Raspberry PI offers don't work out, feel free to give me a shout.

David