On 10/17/12 12:57 PM, David Nadlinger wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 October 2012 at 15:14:44 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Such issues do happen, are relatively rare, and are virtually untested
because there's been no unittests with a deliberately "bad" input
range. Although of course we do need to add the appropriate fixes and
unittests, I'm not worried about it at all systemically.

If an abstraction encourages use in a way which leads to hard-to-detect
logic bugs that do not occur with the most common test cases, this is
_exactly_ the thing we should be worried about!

When I designed input ranges vs. forward ranges there were long discussion on how to distinguish them. If you have a better design it would probably not influence the state of the affair, but it would be a good discussion to have. FWIW I can already think of a couple but all rely on UFCS.