On Monday, 29 October 2012 at 22:49:16 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
I thought it was better to use fixed-point with currency? Or at least, so I've heard.

Depends on the application. Years ago (10?) I made a little interest calculating C program, floating point and rounding gave me so many issues with 1-2 pennies off that I went with an int and just took the bottom 2 digits as pennies. Worked far better than fighting with the floating point issues.

I do remember somewhere that the double could be used to accurately calculate money up to 18 digits, but I can't remember if there was a specific mode you had to tell the FPU.