I got the audio interface built a few minutes ago and it seems to work OK. I
did use the dual isolation transformer assembly because I already had it
available and being an electronics technican for many decades, felt more
comfortable using it. Just an extra safety margin.

The settings of the sound card are about like I used for my TenTec Pegasus
and I am using line level inputs and outputs. If it was a mike input, then
one would need to attenuate accordingly.

However, I never realized that a 5 pin DIN will fit in a seven pin DIN
socket! If the pin outs had been the same, I could then used a standard 5
PIN DIN cable to hook up to both the Pegasus (which does use a 5 pin DIN)
and the ICOM Pro II. But, alas, the pin outs are not the same anyway.

So what I have is a box with grounded stero mini jacks through the
transformers and then to a 1/4 stereo phone jack that is insulated from the
chassis of the box using some fiber insert washers that are designed for
this purpose. (Who could have ever known they would someday they would come
in handy:)

Using a 1/4 phone plug, it can be connected to a cable (with appropriate pin
out) to work with another rig such as the TS440SAT which uses the wonderful
13 pin DIN or another for the Pegasus.

The only downside with the Pro II is that it shuts off VOX operation when
using the rear DIN connector:( Otherwise it would have been slick to just
use the VOX like I do with the Pegasus.

I can make the digital modes work by keying the TX with the front panel
transmit button, but am looking forward to the next step ... making a rig
control interface for the ICOM.