Harv,

The Hamshack Hack version 0.3 you sent me works OK and detects my Soundblaster
soundcard.
It is based on KNOPPIX version 3.7.

Versions 0.4 and 0.5 do not detect the soundcard, and both of those are based
on KNOPPIX
3.8.

I also ran KNOPPIX version 3.3 and it detected the soundcard.

So, anyone who finds that version 0.5 boots up OK, but the speaker icon in the
lower fight
is "x'd" out, and bringing up KMIX from the "start" menu shows blank (no
mixer), might be
using a soundcard that KNOPPIX 3.8 does not recognize.

I tried booting 0.5 with both kernel selections and the result was the same -
no audio
mixer, because the soundcard was not detected.

I downloaded 0.5 from the New York mirror (some US mirrors do not yet have the
ISO), in
just over one hour using cable broadband, burned a CD, and it booted up fine,
but gMFSK
would not work because it could not find a working soundcard.

73, Skip KH6TY

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/