----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:41 PM
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] Emergency Communication value

Rich and the group.

We have baicly the same setup here in North Alabama and use it for weather
spotting that covers 12+ counties. We have 3 2 meter repeaters linked and
also a operator goes to the NWS. We only use FM but it works great. Each of
the 12+ counties has their own net on different repeaters and report to the
county EOC. We can also link to the NWS near Birmingham, about 100 miles
away.  Most of the operators in my county group are tech. There is also a
nuclear power plant in our county and we have annual drill with the
counties, state and federal EMA's. Along with counties and cities
goverments.

Joe
W4JSI