> Like AI, holographic display technology doesn't seem to have made
> much progress since the mid-70s.

Dave,  Just to illustrate your point and to also name drop.   In the
1960's I worked with the guy that received a Nobel Prize for
holography.  Dennis Gabor received the Nobel prize in the 60's but did
a lot of the work decades before.  When he got the prize the media was
full of stories about how holograpghy would be a major thing 30-40
years hence.  Looks like it has not really happened.

Oh, when I said I "worked with him"...I was the office kid that
delivered the his mail ,  nothing along the lines of actually working
along side him on the project (well, maybe the mail I gave him had
important ideas that helped him!).

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/