--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Dean Gibson AE7Q <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On 2005-04-14 19:38, Joel Kolstad wrote:
> >I think that our basic difference comes down to me being one of
those people who believes that "rules were meant to be broken" and
that "special people get special rules."

> I can't believe you actually believe that.  Wow!

:-)  Don't read too much into it -- I'm not some irresponsible,
anarchy loving, "anything goes" kind of guy.  But I think that any
time you find someone's high and mighty standard of how to program,
how to design radios, etc., you can usually come up with situations
(hopefully rare) in which "breaking the rules" is preferable.

As for "special people get special rules," you yourself said that you
made your junior programming team members get permission from the
senior members if they felt they needed a GOTO... hence you're
giving "special rules" to "special people" too.

---Joel

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/