From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bob DeHaney
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2005 15:17
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] RE: Winlink Scanning

It is clear that the ARRL serves a vital representative need for radio
amateurs worldwide. In the time I've been licensed (since 1961), they've
saved our mutual bacon several times.  Your digital modes are permitted
because the ARRL lobbied for them and got the regulations changed.

Governments and other international organizations actually listen to the
ARRL.

Now you guys give me a viable alternative with similar muscle and I will
review the situation.  I realize it will take 50 years or so for you guys to
get your stuff together...(8-)

They can not satisfy everyone, but like democracy, flawed as it is, it's the
best we have at present.

Vy 73, DJ0MBC/WU5T