--- mac2251 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a question concerning cw using MixW or
> Hamscope.  Is it legal or
> not? I have heard both sides.  Anyone have the
> facts.....Mike K9HCK

As long as it is CW it is legal.  If you feed a pure
sine wave into a ssb transceiver the output will be
the same as a CW signal generated by anyother method.
If the waveform has lots of distortion on it and is
fed into a ssb transceiver then it will generate lots
of sperous signals and will not be legal.

It does not mater how how or what method you use to
generate the cw signal.  Some lowband rigs acutally do
this.  Internally they use an audio signal into the
ssb generator to simulate a cw signal.

http://mail.yahoo.com

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/
More info at http:///www.obriensweb.com