> I am looking for someone using this combination
> to give me some help.
> The interface I am using is the Saratoga EZ PSK USB
> and my laptop is running Windows XP PRO. The issue
> I am having is that the TX audio sounds terrible.
> Its not even close to a clean PSK31 signal.
> I have tried the TX Drive settings in Digipan and
> I have also adjusted the RF gain and MIC gain on the
> radio itself. Any suggestions??
>

> Thanks.......K6SUD

Piece of Cake.  here is what I tell People over the
air and I approximate the dial depending on the radio.
But, we both have the same so it will be simpler.  I
found this to be the best way to get a clean RR track
sig.

Turn Sound all the way down.
Turn the mic gain to 4 (Submenu).
Turn RF Power to 4 (submenu).
Turn COMPRESSION OFF (many forget this)
Select ALC on your out meter (SW menu sel ALC/PO/SWR)

Hit TX.

Adjust your Sound out slider until ALC just kicks the
1st LCD Bar.

Your good to go.

Scotty N7HJ
Select ALC on your meter

http://mail.yahoo.com

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/
More info at http:///www.obriensweb.com