Some viruses create false "bounces" as a way to try to trick someone into opening the infected email.  Many viruses will forge the return address causing you to receiver real bounces from recipients who have rejected the infected message.  Do check and make sure your anti-virus is up to date.  Not just the signatures, but the version of the antivirus itself.  I know I've had an experience in the distant past with McAfee where the program wouldn't catch the well-known "Melissa" virus even after signature updates until I upgraded the program itself.

Symantec (Norton) and many other anti-virus companies have free on-line checks.

From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew J. O'Brien
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:20 PM
To: carcomm@yahoogroups.com; digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] Virus check ?

I have been getting several emails (3-4 per day) , some with attachments and some without, stating

"A message you sent to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
contained Worm.Mydoom.AT and has not been delivered."

That is MY address and I have not been sending mail to myself.  I ran a virus check , twice, and I was reportedly '"clean".  Does anyone here know if there are "returned mail" "unable to delivery" messages that are scams themselves, or do I have something that my Virus checker is not catching?

My PC seems fine.

Andy K3UK

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/
More info at http:///www.obriensweb.com

Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts
Ham radio

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS