Thanks Paul, I did try inverting the signal but never did decode this bloke.

Andy K3UK

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 3:42 AM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Any tips for easily determining what Olivia formats people are using ?

That graphic looks to me like 500 Hz wide 8 tones.

The bandwidth is the easy part to see from the waterfall - the harder part
is the number of tones.  If you look closely at the display, you can see
eight stripes roughly defined in the display.

Could the sideband have been reversed?  Last I heard, Olivia should always
be transmitted on USB, but it may be someone is using LSB?

73,

Paul / K9PS

Andrew J. O'Brien wrote:

> Any tips for easily determining what Olivia formats people are using?  I
> copied this Olivia signal (below) but could not decode it. I tried all
> combinations of tones and bandwidth.

> Andy K3UK

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/
More info at http:///www.obriensweb.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS