Tnx for the info!
Bill
KA0VXK
----- Original Message -----
From: n3wtus
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 12:09 PM
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: Fw: USB/SDR Radio Kit

Yes, The SoftRock 40  is an excellent learning tool and introduction
to the possibilities of SDR.  Simple hardware combined with very
sophisticated software results in something remarkable.   As an
introduction  tool, it is more than a simple PSK radio.  If you supply
5v, it does not need the USB port.  The USB only supplies a handy 5v.

N3WT

-- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Duffy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tnx for the comment. It appears to be a great learning tool for SDR.
> 73
> Bill
> KA0VXK

source.  There is no command or control of the hardware.  The radio's
output is fed to the sound card where all the work is really done.
I'm not sure as I see it as that much different then a simple PSK radio.