Title: Message
Hmmm I thought that was already part of the rules.  If you dont listen, and transmit and intefere, that IS against the rules.
----- Original Message -----
From: Dave
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:00 PM
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] Re: I thought Auto Pactor was Illegal?

The response from Tom K1KI, ARRL New England Division Director, was

"I'm guessing the FCC wouldn't want to get into legislating listen-before-transmitting protocols - that's probably something the ham radio community should be encouraged to work on. I've already started some discussion within our Technology Task Force group."

Since we've been suffering this problem for years with no sign of leadership from the ARRL in its resolution, trusting anything short of (admittedly inflexible) FCC regulations is difficult..

    73,

          Dave, AA6YQ