Oh, it could very well be true.

It may not happen while they are working, but if the PC has been in storage
for a while waiting for another emergency event, the date of the time bomb
could go by and the PC would be useless for the next emergency. The software
could die upon startup which could be at the emergency site and could prevent
the equipment from being used.

There are a lot of setups that are not tested regularly. Some that I know are
tested regularly are only tested once a quarter. Depending upon schedules
that could give almost six months between tests. It would be very easy for a
time bomb in the software to affect operation during an emergency where this
equipment needed to be used.

Time bombs in emergency equipment that is not used regularly are dangerous to
the emergency personnel as well as to the public.

If the equipment is sold or advertised for use during emergency situations,
the developer would do well to think twice about liability concerns.

tim ab0wr

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM