The one downfall that I can see is that we have now MORE possibilities to consider when we hear an Olivia-sounding signal on the air, we now have three "modes" to cycle through.

Andy K3UK

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: RTTYM now !

No big deal about Contestia and Rttym mode. Its the same as Olivia, except Olivia uses 7bit, Contestia 6bit
and Rttym 5bit, which then increases the speed compared to Oliva by factor 2 or more.
So its not a new mode, same principle, just something Nick or Denis has added in Mixw.
It works great.

Chris HB9BDM

Paul schrieb:
Andrew,

While you are waiting to see if you can distribute (including install
instructions) the Contesia and RTTYM modes, perhaps you can tell us a
little more about them. Why one would chose them over the current
offerings for example. That is, I'm guessing for someone to put the
effort into developing a new mode, it must have some advantage over
what is already out there. So whats the run down on Contesia and RTTYM?

Thank you and 73,
Paul

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to   telnet://208.15.25.196/