Yes, I agree with Jim -- I want the modem interface to be generic and
support a wide variety of clients and use cases.  I suggested the
aprpack list because it is smaller, not because I think it should be
limited to  APRS or self-spotting.

I implemented an entire remote digimode protocol over TCP and usd a
binary protocol over a single port for TX, RX, status (phase, spectrum,
etc.) and control (mode switching, etc.).  Although the server end is
not running at the moment, the source for one of the clients I wrote is
at http://wa5znu.org/rpsk (I wrote two clients, one of which runs on
GPRS-enabled cellphones.)

Leigh / WA5ZNU

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM