Yes, mainly when another station decises to start a QSO on top of it.

"Roger J. Buffington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Rick Scott wrote:

> My take is that the frequencies are NOT guaranteed by the FCC Period.
> And if an Active QSO is in progress, and the Auto op interferes with
> that QSO its called Jamming and subject to fines PERIOD.

True, although the FCC seems to have taken a hands-off approach to the
violations of this type that the automatic stations routinely
perpetrate.  HF-Packet is particularly bad since it requires so darned
many repetitions of packets before it gets anything intelligible to the
receiving station.  So it just chugs and chugs, and qrms and qrms.

de Roger W6VZV

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to   telnet://208.15.25.196/