"Again... you conveniently forget that the Amateur Bands are used World Wide.. the US Regulations only restrict US Amateurs.. while the rest of the world is free to innovate...and use the allocations... so keeping restrictions on US while the rest of the world does not have them makes little sense... which is what the ARRL is trying to correct with their proposal."

Well, that is the whole problem as I see it.  Thats why: 1.  It must be a world-wide band plan  2.  They must be regulated and not voluntary.  Keeping us off a frequency (or confined to one) , with certain modes, is useless when the rest of the world doesnt give a darn about what we are doing there, and continue to do their own thing.  It is sort of like the old days with 160 meters.  One country, heck even one portion of a state, could work one freq but the next one over couldnt, so there were few places everyone could operate and hope to work the rest of the states or world.  Or look at 40 meters today, sameo sameo.  This is a international hobby, and we should not have nationalistic rules in order to avoid such inteference from people who dont have or follow the same rules.

As to innovations, I see nothing to keep US hams from doing so.  We have as many, indeed more, bands than most.  I am glad to see other hams involved in the digital technology.  It shows the purpose of ham radio continues to spread and gives us reason to encourage support by foreign governments.  Bring it on.
Danny

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to   telnet://208.15.25.196/