   Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:31:45 -0000
   From: "Dave Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Bandwidth-Based FCC Rules for USA

>In the US, there is currently no restriction on semi-automatic
>operation with bandwidths of 500 hz or less, but semi-automatic
>operation with bandwidths greater than 500 hz is restricted to
>designated sub-bands.

>The ARRL proposal, if adopted, would eliminate the current
.restriction on semi-automatic operation with bandwidths greater than
>500 hz. It is this aspect of the ARRL proposal that I (and evidently
>many others) find unacceptable.

>  73,

>       Dave, AA6YQ

Dave, WHY do you need the FCC to apply the restrictions for you? Why do you
not feel that USA hams can develop their own bandplan and apply their own
restrictions on the digital modes?

Why do you apparently feel that if the FCC policed the restrictions it would
make any difference to the rest of the world?

Brad.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

Looking for digital mode software?  Check the quick commerical free link below
http://www.obriensweb.com/digimodes.html