Right and wrong at the same time Bob.
There is some software on http://www.rtty.com
that will let you do just that.

But guys like me that held onto there old green machines
have no problem other that paper is getting harder and
harder to find at a good price.

John, WØJAB

At 07:47 PM 12/3/05, you wrote:
>The REAL TTY machines could do a Carriage Return
>without a Line Feed and then overtype the previous
>line. Can't do that on a glass teletype!
>
>Bob Macklin
>K5MYJ
>Seattle, Wa.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/u8TY5A/tzNLAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

Looking for digital mode software?  Check the quick commerical free link below
http://www.obriensweb.com/digimodes.html