Sorry Howard.  I think many of us have been saying all along that we need INTERNATIONAL band plans, at least, I been saying that for several years.  But if anyone thinks they can be voluntary, they have their eyes closed ....er..... their ears anyway.   The sub bands here in the states work, only to the point that there are regulations, no matter that the FCC often seems to ignore them.   You speak of our signals not getting out of CONUS, sorry but that works the other way around.  I hear ALL sorts of signals ALL over the band, from countries that have esentially NO rules other than staying within the broad sector of the assigned amateur frequencies.  SSB in the lower portions of all bands, RTTY and Data all ovr SSB, Image on top of PSK, etc. etc.doesnt show me that the rest of the world lives by "nice".  Setting our own rules doesnt affect them at all, other than the fact we may intefere with our mode on top of theirs (thus the need for internatonal rules).

There will be no world wide bandplan that works, unless its under a rule of law.  None do now, and none will, given human nature.  And I also dont see anywhere in this discussion where anyone is saying the we need the government to make sure we dont try new modes, methods, etc.  We simply need them to insure new things dont harm the old.
Danny

 ----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:23 AM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Conflict SubBands: Why Olivia 14101-14112kHz USA Automatic Sub-Band?

Bonnie

As usual what you write makes too much sense...

Be sure to put on your asbestos suit....

Yes ... we need a world wide bandplan.. without any glacial government regulation...

And most of the world will ultimately go that way...like Canada and Australia....

But the USA is a special place... our radio waves always stay within our borders and we do not hear anything from the rest of the world...

so they are going to tell you that we need the government to make sure that we do not try anything new...

Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM  KY6LA
Website: www.ky6la.com
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
"Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 San Diego Fires, 911"