Hi Graeme,

Well the RigExpert premise is a good one in that everything is
isolated outside the PC case to eliminate the ground loops, high
frequency noise, jitter etc., but that sample clock and inability to
handle CAT control with wave out always open are issues. As they
designed it for direct use with DigiPan and MixW with their lower
sample clocks the unit is great, but trying to use it with third
party software and the REAUDIO driver its not so great. I recently
created a new version of MARS-ALE that works back down at an 8Khz
sample clock so the MARS members that have the units can use them as
it was just a no go at 48Khz. I have yet to make any changes to the
code to address the CAT control issue when its selected as the audio
output device as that application is in the class of always having
wave out open.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH
www.n2ckh.com