After discussing this offline with Walt K5YFW, I would say that
encryption on the amateur bands should only be permitted in two
specific circumstances:

1. to control a remote device (e.g. a satellite)

2. during a declared emergency

   73,

      Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Paul L Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>