Sorry if this seem obvious, but it needs to be asked: what video is the store feeding their sets?  A standard DVD player?  (yes, some stores are that lame.)  You'll never see the difference that way.  An HD set has to have a HD signal to show you what it can do.  Since a DTV can't display a HDTV signal, it can be difficult for the store to show the same picture on both sets unless they end up feeding a DTV signal to both.

 ----- Original Message -----
From: obrienaj
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 9:33 PM
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: Digital TV (off topic)

I like the idea of a widescreen TV and have begun looking around for
one.  For the life of me, I don't see the $5000 plasma screen
pictures (in stores) as a whole lot better than the picture I
currently get from my satellite provider (standard definition).  I
looked carefully at a 42 inch DTV and a 42 HDTV , with a $3000 price
diference, I could see NO difference.  The salemans said he saw a
big difference, maybe I am digitalblind.

Andy K3UK

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org