DXLab applications are more sensitive to operating system than
processor performance. Members of the Windows 9X family will limit
the number of applications that can be simultaneously run. This
family suffers from an architectural kernel defect that forces all
applications to share a fixed pool of resources. Some members of the
family, notably Windows ME, compound the problem by becoming
progressively unstable as the pool is consumed.

Windows NT, 2000, XP, and Vista are based on a later kernel that
eliminates the fixed pool. Using these versions of Windows, there
are DXLab users running the full suite on ~400 mHz processors.

That said, digital mode applications can be consumptive of CPU
cycles. Enabling PSK broadband decoding and callsign extraction in
WinWarbler, for example, can consume an incremental 20% of a 1.5 gHz
CPU.

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, KV9U <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you use Multipsk along with DXLab, it can act as the CAT
control for
> MultiPSK and much more depending upon which modules you select.
Then you
> will have most all sound card modes available to you.  I have been
very
> surprised how well it works. It does require a pretty good
computer.

> 73,
>
> Rick, KV9U
>

> Danny Douglas wrote:
>
> > Put in a software that handles all three,  for instance the
DXLab suite of
> > software contains WinWarbler that will handle all that, plus do
CW and