Danny,
I'm using this unit :
http://www.aorusa.com/ard9800.html
In fact I have one mounted in my Ford F150 pick up
http://www.rfelectronics.com/digital-ssb/fellow-users/fellow-users-pics/w0jab/w0jab-stn.htm
There is software but I don't use it since I do have the modem.
I have had my modem for going on 4 years now
But if you want to play you have to pay. Just over $500 bucks.
The software is called HamDRM.
There is a 14 second WAV file in the lists file section.
It's a recording of KØPFX here in Missouri (50 miles from my QTH)
recorded at the QTH of Paul, KQ6EH on May 1st 2004 on 18,162.5Mhz

Hope this helps

Any thing else?

John, W0JAB
Louisiana, Missouri