I have never understood this attitude that countries outside the U.S.
should be able to have to move down for voice transmissions. What it
says to me is those operatiors view those lower areas as having more
room without QRM.

When I compare the amount of ham signals on the bands to say 25 years
ago, it does seem like there are fewer numbers. And this is especially
true in the CW/digital areas with fewer CW signals.

The folks who are most affected on the lower bands, especially
160/80/40, from "local" or in country signals, are certainly not the DX
stations, but those who are much closer.

The other sore point with me is not being allowed to operate voice modes
below 7.100 on 40 meters. This means that when working split, you are
taking up twice as much space. It is unfortunate that there could not
have been a DX area in such cases. For those countries who intentionally
transmit voice in the lower portions, when they really do not need to
for working DX, I find very inappropriate.

On another note, there seems to be more illegal operation and some of it
close to criminal. Has anyone been noticing that there have been voice
stations right on top of WWV on 10 MHz at times? I don't think this is
some kind of image rejection problem with my Pro II.