Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:36 PM
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: The UK Amateur Radio Band Plan

This "bickering", as you call it, has been occurring on portals,
reflectors, news groups, and mailing lists all over the internet.
That's why there are more than 900 RM-11306 comments filed on the
FCC web site, compared with the 20 comments filed when 97.221 was
proposed in April 1995.

Whatever the outcome, this increase in engagement makes our
discussions anything but a big waste of time.

By the way, Thomas, I thought your RM-11306 comment was excellent.

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Giella KN4LF"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We silly Americans think that just because we prop up the rest of
the world with $$$ and also protect it from the "real" bad guys,
that the world should do everything "our way".

> I seem to remember a mantra that was prevalent about 19 years ago
when I first got my license. It went something like this, "Never ask
the FCC to regulate us because they will over do it and we won't
like the result." Seems we have forgotten that concept now.

> Nowadays the FCC finds Amateur Radio to be an annoyance that just
won't go away. In recent years the FCC seems to have said no to any
proposal put forth by the ARRL that would increase the FCC's
oversight thereof. So I fully expect the FCC to squash RM-11306 and
all of the bickering here on this eGroup about it will have been a
big waste of time.

http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm

US hams
>   >  >seem to think that any country that has band plans different
to theirs
>   >  >are wrong!!
>   >  >Our band plans are very similar to those of the UK.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2/6/2006

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org