I had asked a question recently about have ALC problems with digital
modes and did receive some suggestions privately. I had a slow
"oscillation" of the ALC over several seconds per oscillation with the
ALC peaking and then dropping back to zero and then going up to maximum
again.

Initially I had thought this was only on 80 meters, but as it turned
out, I was also present whenever I was using my multiband dipole which
is directly overhead. My ground mounted vertical, which is 150 feet out
from the shack, caused no noticeable problem.

As I had a fairly long shielded cable (6 feet) running from the sound
card to the ACC1 socket on the ICOM 756 Pro II, I decided to try some
toroid cores. No noticeable change. I did notice that I could reduce the
noise if the cables just happened to go over the top of the rig's
cabinet. Probably a capacitance to ground effect?

I then took an Amidon rod and wrapped a few turns around it and did
notice a reduction in the problem. So I wrapped about 20 turns on the
core and the RFI appears to be completely gone.