digi modes are like my typing...... the faster I go the more errors. thinkl I perfer accuracy and easy copy over high throughput
----- Original Message -----
From: KV9U
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: New Oliva "Standard" Forthcoming?

Last night I monitored a number of 80 meter contacts. There was some
MFSK16 but was very weak and I found it difficult to print well. The
Olivia stations were much stronger and did print quite well and were
running 500/8. However, the MFSK16 is much narrower in terms of BW and
that should be considered but if you can not make the contact with a
given mode, even if it is much faster, then a slower mode still is
better. In general though, I find the Olivia modes to be too slow for
moderately competent keyboard speed. The faster Olivia modes require too
high a baud rate to be practical under typical 80 meter conditions based
on my past experience.

John Bradley wrote:

> huge difference between MFSK and Olivia, especially on the lower
> bands...... If you want to set up a  sked sor some weeknight we can
> fool around with this on 80M.. I'm good all next week, with the
> exception of Tuesday .... search and rescue exercise.

> John
> VE5MU

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org