Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:19 AM
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: Fault with RS-232 cable

OK....thanks all, for the info.  It seemed strange,
because in all of my previous experience with cables,
pin 1 always went to pin 1 on the other end, etc...
Interesting.

I need only 9 wires between the PK-232 and the
computer so I wonder if I can cut the cable and spice
just the ones  for this purpose.  Could shorten it
alot to minimize any RF.  Comments ?? It's hard to
find the exact parts I need down here.
Bill, XE1/N7TDK

--- "Steven L. Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> If you go to the Belkin site you'll see that even
> though this cable has
> DB25 connectors it is not a RS-232 cable.  It is
> intended to connect two
> PCs back to back via their printer ports.  It can be
> be thought of as
> kind of a null modem for parallel ports.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org