From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalradio@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Andrew O'Brien
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:19 AM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] email to Internet without a PC ?

I'm intrigued by all the email software that radio amateurs have produced, including PSKMAIL.  What these programs do is allow someone with a computer to enter in a message, then use a PC and radio to transmit the message to a server.  I'm still not convinced that this is of use to anyone other than those in extremely remote locations.  It would seem to me that the ideal application would allow radio amateurs to send email to the Internet but not require the operator to have a computer.  A revamped NTS-type of radio net would work , check in to the net and have the net members pick up traffic for a simple "popping it in to the Internet"  . Other than that crude method, what other way could we achieve this .  Tranceivers with built in software that would allow composition of a message for transmission to a amateur mail server?  Hmmm, maybe some VHF transceivers already do that via APRS messages.  Something! a little more functional than APRS messages would help.

--
Andy

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org