Amateur Radio was allocated the 80, 40, 20, and 5 meter bands in 1924,
when Morse Code was King.  Are you trying to tell us that emcomms was
the primary purpose of amateur radio in 1924?

By the way, the FCC does not allocate amateur radio frequencies.  That
is done via international treaties.  The FCC issues licenses to
operators to use those allocated frequencies.  The frequencies will
still remain allocated to amateur use even if the FCC decides to
cancel all US amateur licenses.  For the FCC to allocate those
frequencies to some other use would require abrogating our
international treaty obligations and isn't likely to happen.

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Howard S. White"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No being training in Legal interpretations...
>
> But typically when you place something first in a list and use the words
>
> "particularly with respect to providing emergency communications"
>

> One might interpret it to means that it was the most important
reason of the
> reason listed.....
>
> The point I was making is that no where is ARS listed as a Hobby....
>
> And clearly the major justification that the FCC uses to allocate us our
> frequencies is EMCOMM

> Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM  KY6LA
> Website: www.ky6la.com
> "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
> "Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 San Diego Fires, 911"
Winlink 2000