The claimed precision is ~1 ms; see

http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
url=/library/en-us/Multimed/htm/_win32_about_multimedia_timers.asp

I have not noticed any serious problems with software-generated CW
up to ~40 wpm or so, though certain Windows actions are inexplicably
pre-emptive: dragging the Task Manager window, for example.

The general reference for multimedia timers is

http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
url=/library/en-us/Multimed/htm/_win32_multimedia_timers.asp

Is 1 ms precision sufficient for Pactor ARQ?

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Lindecker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> TKS Dave for the information.
> I will see what are Windows "callbacks", as this seems to be the
key.

> One question: do you know the precision of the event timing (as
far as I
> know each thread is switched 80 times/sec maximum, so the
precision might be
> 12,5 ms which might not be sufficient to key CW, so I must miss
> something...). Suppose you can really start an event at a precise
predefined
> time (as an interruption under DOS), what would prevent to program
Pactor1
> ARQ under Windows (I have a doubt now)?
>
> 73
> Patrick