Hi Doc,

The following is in response to your antenna comments.

At about $150USD, either of the two antenna designs in the article
below, especially the random wire, will work great from a typical 1/2
acre lot, the doublet will require an ATU with most rigs, the random
wire mostly will not:

http://www.n2ckh.com/MARS_ALE_FORUM/AAR2EY_NVIS_ANTENNA.pdf

Lastly, with the newest rigs and external computer interfaced antenna
switches and ATU's, multiple antenna types can be brought into play,
this scenario has just been addressed in the MARS-ALE software, for
instance, at frequencies below 4Mhz, I have my ATU enabled (new LDG
AT200PC RS-232 controlled unit) to bring the random wire VSWR down.
At my low 2Mhz channels I have that channel configured to select my
160m resonant antenna (internal AT200PC and external DTS-4 ant switch
in my case). I can not however state at this time when you will see
such support provided in PC-ALE, however all good things come in time.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH/AAR2EY
www.n2ckh.com