Title: RE: [digitalradio] Embedded-ALE HF Radios - Micom3 (ALE in Emergency HF use)

The quotes I got from several MOBAT dealers was FAR ABOVE what the target price for the IC-F7000 (about $1400) and even the Yaesu VX-1700 with ALE option (about $1000).  The Mobat quotes were in the $2800-$3000 range).

Walt/K5YFW

-----Original Message-----
From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:digitalradio@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of expeditionradio
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:33 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] Embedded-ALE HF Radios - Micom3 (ALE in
Emergency HF use)

><Andy wrote>
>  I should add here that offcial enegency organisations can easiliy
cover the
> > cost of an HF rig, PC, and antenna...even an ALE tranceiver.  Various
> > Homeland Secuirty grants are availble, in fact one organisation I am
> > employed with has had difficulty spending all the $$$$ that has
been thrown
> > our way.  Ameteur Radio groups affiliated with RACES/ARES,
Hospitals, etc,
> > will find it quite easy to get additional equipment via the host
agency (not
> > directly).

If the group has the money available to spend on an HF ALE radio for
their emergency operations center, I recommend they get the Mobat
Micom3 and put up a broadband dipole for it.
http://www.mobat-usa.com/hf_mobile_base.htm
The new Micoms have the ALE "MultiNet" feature, which enables the
radio to scan multiple ALE system nets (such as State net, SHARES net,
and Amateur net) responding and sounding properly on each of the nets
with the appropriate ALE callsigns (self address) for each net. The
Mobats also have a good sensitive ALE 8FSK decoder in them, good
audio, and are durable enough to withstand many years of use. The ALE
MultiNet feature is also available as a flash upgrade to Micom2, and
it provides more flexible sounding and scanning programming. The
Micom3 also has a USB-keyboard input.

Bonnie KQ6XA

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org