Title: RE: [digitalradio] ALE in Emergency HF use (Re: Another look at A LE)

Our nets run from 07:00 to 21:00 while deployed with 15 minute netcalls if there is not traffic.  But yes I am aware of ALE's capability.  Rather than muting the station with ALE or SELCALL, I would rather be runing digital voice with the AOR digital voice modem.

Walt

-----Original Message-----
From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:digitalradio@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Andrew O'Brien
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:45 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] ALE in Emergency HF use (Re: Another look at A
LE)

Good points Walt.  By the way, the hospital that employes me just
spent about $2000 on amateur radio equipment, all new, as a result of
Homeland Security $$$$ (via the State).

As for you 40 and 80M nets, keep in  mind that ALE could call your net
up for you .

Andy K3UK

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org