I'm sitting on the side, laughing my *** off, about this whole RTTY
story. On the one hand, a user of a FREE program is insisting that the
reply he gets is inadequate;  while calling for adherence to a
"Standard" that does not exist. The RTTY standard seems to be 'Do it
yourself", but some simple expedients are ignored.
If John wants to use his 'Boat Anchor' electromechanical device in an
electronic world, let him add a simple electromechanical solution to his
problem; a 'Micro-Switch' that triggers a relay when the type head
hits(literally) the EOL,  can be set to do many things, such as signal
'CR/LF', or ring a bell to get the operators attention. This way, he can
prevent punching holes in his paper, while adhering to his
electromechanical 'Purity'.
Follow the Golden Rule-'He who furnishes the Gold (does the work) sets
the rules'. This program (DxLab) is one of the best supported assemblies
of complex procedures in existence. And the cost is Nada- Zilch- it's
free. You should adapt to it, with your BA, not insist on someone else
adapting it to archaic gadgets.
Have fun-Bill-W4BSG

--
Bill Aycock W4BSG