Very similar to the article in QST back in the early 60's where they
detailed the new findings that under certain conditions, signals sent
with less power, were able to get through better because they did not
"burn" the ionsphere. High powered stations would frequently damage the
ionosphere with this "burn effect" and be much less effective.

It was many years later that I finally realized that this was in an
April edition of QST and that April had a significance to the article
that escaped me as a teen trying to understand all this new stuff.