From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Andrew O'Brien
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:35 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: No Transmit

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "mac2251" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   I purchased a new HP computer and installed MixW and N1MM logger.
> The CAT works fine and the receive is fine but no transmit.
Speakers
> connected to my outboard sound card have transmit tones but the 746
> shows no power out.  I have tried all the settings I can think of
but
> nothing works.  It was working fine on the old antique :(  Any one
> have any ideas.   Thanks...Mike K9HCK

Is it a laptop or desktop PC?  Some laptops, and an occasional
desktop have soundcards that provide insuffient audio levels, not
enough to drive the rig.  I have helped solve this for a couple of
people by taking the PC's audio to a amplified system of sorts, one
where you can slowly raise the volume of the audio getting to the
rig.  Keep the audio levels as low as possible and slowly raise it,
see if the rigs output rises.  That has worked a few times, just
enough to find out what the problem was, or wasn't.  Then they got
new sounds cards with more output.

Of course it coule be a 746 setting but I know nothing about that
radio.

Oh, did you check your cable leading from soundcard to rig?  I have
heard of a few cases where, after hours of trying the "obvious" they
found it to be simply a bad cable connector.

Also, is there a different device setting you can try?  I had one
software application that for some odd reason had much lower audio
output if I chose the device setting for my actual sound card.
Instead, "default device " worked better.

Andy K3UK

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org