Ed Flaherty wrote:
Hi Ed,

It is nice to be able to use one basic software package for several
rigs. Right now the DX Lab suite seems the best product available for
free and probably the best product at any price. The author is amazingly
available on the internet unlike the authors of most of the software
that you pay money for. PSKMulti works very well with the DX Lab
programs, particularly the Commander program and that is true with
either the Peg or ICOM rigs. I have an older Kenwood TS440SAT but I
never set up any interface for it and consider it mostly a back up rig
although I did run AMTOR and later Pactor I with that rig and different
hardware interfaces. I only run sound card software now on HF.

The one limitation of the Peg is the slow updating of being able to read
the frequency in the Commander program. As you probably know, the Peg
uses a very crude software register to place and read any data being
transferred between the programs. So changing parameters is slow. The
ICOM is very rapid and to a human, seems instantaneous.

Good luck and hope to see you on the bands sometime.

>Hi, Rick.
>I just joined this group and did a search on "Pegasus" and found your
>post.  What a coincidence that I was perusing the bands with Multipsk
>and found you in a QSO with NU4M using MFSK16!
>I just bought my Peg a couple weeks ago and it has taken over my life.
>I was looking for software that would let me key the rig via software
>and I think you gave me the anwer here with the mention of the DX Lab
>Suite.  I looked at Commander but it seemed to be saying that I had
>to be running other control software like TenTec's or N4PY's to work
>with it.  That's OK I have both of those.  So I'll go back to that
>and see if it will send key down/up commands to the Peg from Multipsk.
>Anyway thanks for the tips on the software and the ALC.  I was using
>the same method of tuning up with another rig, my FT-767GX and
>thought the signal sounded clean even tho I was getting the light.
>Hope to read you on 10.136 agn, maybe you'll be able to hear me too,
>I'm pretty antenna challenged here on the 5th floor of my apartment
>building.  I went out at midnite and dropped a 35ft length of magnet
>wire out the window and tied it to a small tree with a piece of
>plastic fishing line.  Works better than anything I had tried inside
>the apartment.  Tunes from 10 to 40 meters. But a good stiff breeze
>might snap it any time and I'll have to make another midnite run.  Oh
>well I've got 500ft of the magnet wire.
>73's Ed - N2JLI

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org