Thanks Rick,
Sorry if it sounded a bit tongue-in-cheek was just about to take
off for cooper county for the weekend. Really the reason that I ask
is the in my 27 years in broadcasting and 2 way radio repair the
word robustness or in any form was never used. This must be a new
one. But then I still was a 28ASR machine for RTTY and a slide rule.
Yeah I know half the group just ask themself "what the hell is a
slide rule " Well kids it's a none electirc calculator. Still have
the one I used to take the frist class radio telephone test in front
of the FCC in 1970.

Anyway where did that word come from and when was it frist to
used?

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, KV9U <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John,
>
> A little tongue-in-cheek there perhaps?
>
> Needless to say, when you are communicating with someone else, the one
> thing you want the most is to be able to receive their transmission
> correctly. At least I would expect most folks do. To me it is the most
> important characteristic, because if I can not communicate with them,
> nothing else matters.
>
> Then the next issue for me would be speed of TX. And then how much
> bandwidth is being used by the mode. Ideally, the narrowest possible
> mode using spectrum efficient technique is the ideal. Finally, if you
> want to send more than just single case characters, the character set
> can sometimes be important as well as the ability to send 8 bit
ASCII or

http://us.click.yahoo.com/7EuRwD/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM