On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:44:59 -0400, "Andrew O'Brien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>I hope the Icom techies do better that the people at Rascal.  I emailed
>their Tech Support and asked just what was in the Rascal GLX, I made mention
>of some radios requiring a level converter for rig control.  The reply told
>me that "level control is accomplished by the soundcard".  I suspect they
>were thinking of volume control!

sorry, got tied up getting things out of the way today so that i can go spend
the day tomorrow at MD Anderson doing MRIs, etc
Then Monday it is see the Onco.  So, perhaps I can call them Tuesday unless
someone else.....????  if so, my question is whether rig control can be done
from the pc using only the interface cable.   if so, which IC txcvrs???
Using ICOM software???  to me, this is essentially a matter of laplinking....
to simplify it.   there is a computer in the radio, why not use interfacing
software to connect it to a software program on the pc and use that to tell
the rig, what to do???  I know that the new Kenwood has an -x model which is a
plain box which requires hooking up to a pc to operate it.  isfai can tell,
that model cannot even be operated without a personal computer.

73
--
K5DAM  Houston  EL29fu    AAR6TU
http://tinyurl.com/df55x (BPL Presentation)