Peter,

Here's a good article that just got me started using PSK31. I use
the sound card already built into my computer going into a TenTec
ORION.

Seems to be working great.

This is the first time for me to ever try anything digital. I'm
usually on HF SSB

http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2006/08/06/1/

Thanks to everyone else here, too. Some good info!

73's
Randy
KB3IFH

www.bcpink.com/KB3IFH

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "pcooke2002" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hello -
> Eventhough I have had my tech license for a couple of years.  I am
> finnally getting the courage and $ to adventure in ham.
>
> looking at the files with this group I noticed there was no FAQ
> oriented towards novices.  Lets start with the Hardware and
Software.