You misunderstand, John.

This thread was initiated by the following characterization of PC-
ALE: "If it can not work at least as well as Multipsk with DX Lab's
interoperation, it is not really ready for prime time."

As the developer of DXLab, I was interested to know whether PC-ALE
provides interfaces that would allow interoperation so that its users
could capture their QSOs in DXKeeper (the logging component of
DXLab). DXKeeper already provides such interoperation with MixW,
MMTTY, MMVARI, MMSSTV, and WinWarbler, as well as with MultiPSK. In
my exerience, a first-cut integration can generally be accomplished
in a couple of hours; if the PC-ALE interfaces and their
documentation were available, then I'd have given it a shot.

So the issue is not my personal needs, John, but rather the needs of
this mode and its user community.

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ